Home > ITIL
What is ITIL?
ITIL (the IT Infrastructure Library) is essentially a series of documents that are used to aid the implementation of a framework for IT Service Management. This customizable framework defines how Service Management is applied within an organization.
Although ITIL was originally created by the CCTA, a UK Government agency, it is now being adopted and used across the world as the defacto standard for best practice in the provision of IT Service. Although ITIL covers a number of areas, its main focus is on IT Service Management.
Upcoming ITIL Courses
ITIL Foundations 2011 Edition
This course covers the latest version of core ITIL best practices presented from a lifecycle perspective. Participants will learn the principles and core elements of the service lifecycle approach to IT Service Management according to ITIL 2011 Edition. An interactive approach is used combining lecture, discussion and case study experience to prepare participants for the ITIL 2011 Edition certification exam as well as providing valuable practical knowledge that can be rapidly applied in the workplace. Quint Wellington Redwood’s integrated case study deepens the participant’s appreciation of how ITIL best practices can be applied in order to improve IT performance.
At Course Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the principles and concepts of IT Service Management based on ITIL 2011 Edition
- Identify the best practices of implementing ITIL 2011 Edition in an organization
- Define the terminology used in ITIL 2011 Edition
- Identify the concepts and definitions used in the Service Lifecycle
- Define Service Strategy concepts
- Define Service Design concepts
- Define Service Operations concepts
- Prepare the student to take the ITIL 2011 Edition Certification exam
Contact us to learn more